Health District Building Killing People

Death by Mold and Indifference — The Dan Pauluk Case

An excerpt from the story:

“It’s much too late,” said Dr. Wendy Pauluk, the wife of a former employee. She says a ceiling tile above her husband’s desk raised his suspicions. She alleges tests showed it had toxic black mold.

“It settles in the jaw and in the teeth and the lungs and then it goes to stomach and any area of weakness — over time — will develop into cancer,” she said.

Her husband died in 2007. Pauluk says 14 other people within a 50-foot radius of Dan’s desk have died too.  She alleges mold spores from his clothes and shoes were brought into the Pauluk family home and have also infected her. Wendy’s lungs are full of tumors and she is currently undergoing life-saving treatment in Mexico.

“I am one person among many,” she said.

You can read the full story here: http://www.8newsnow.com/story/17465351/woman-suing-he

Here is a press release about the closing of the building.  Ironically, they state “Our staff and our clients’ safety is our primary concern,” said Dr. Lawrence Sands, chief health officer of the Southern Nevada Health District. (end quote)

If that were true, do you think they would show some concern for the 15 employees who died as a result of their negligence? Ignoring toxic mold in a “Health” department building is only showing their lack of knowledge and irresponsible behavior.

http://www.cchd.org/news12/041512.php

The following article gets into more detail regarding the family of one of the health inspectors who died filing a lawsuit.  It is important to note that the person who worked in the building brought the toxic mold spores home from work and his family got sick.  This is commonly called “cross-contamination” and can happen with any mold source.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/apr/22/lawsuit-health-district-office-mold-killed-inspect/

If our health departments can ignore toxic mold and allow 15 people to die before they close a building down, what is happening in the homes and businesses that are in that district?

In 2010, my son and my dog were sick with similar symptoms… I called the NYS department of health in Albany asking if there were any environmental tests I should do on my home and they said no.

It took me 6 more months to figure out through research and laboratory testing that my house was uninhabitable due to toxic mold.  By that time, every member of my family was sick in some way.

I called the NYS Department of health after we found the mold and asked them if there was any testing they could suggest to make sure it was safe for us to move back in.  They said they don’t recommend testing because there are no reliable tests out there.  This has to change.

Mold, Mycotoxins and Hurricaine Sandy

We used a mold test called the Environmental Relative Moldiness Test (ERMI).  This test can be done by anyone with a canister vacuum.  I suggest using the lab http://www.emsl.com

You can also do tape lifts and do it yourself air testing for mold through this company: http://www.homemoldtestkit.com

With natural disasters like Hurricane Sandy and other storms that cause flooding… the aftermath may be worse than the original storm. The years after a building gets wet can lead to a slow death, full of pain and misery.

If your family is prone to allergies, asthma, sinus infections, colds, pneumonia, fatigue, gout, diabetes, heart disease, cancer… virtually all illnesses can be caused by toxic mold, chemicals, and other toxins in the air we breathe.

Take control of your health!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Post Navigation